MARK J. CARTEL
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Personal Fitness Trainer, Weight Loss & Nutrition Specialist with more than thirteen years of practical
experience in the Physical Fitness profession. A highly dedicated instructor with strong motivational, management,
planning, communications skills, a total wellness and client care focus with the ability to organize and direct
individualized training programs to realize successful weight loss & conditioning objectives.
Career highlighted by experience, training, and/or achievement in the following areas:
Aerobic / Cardiovascular Conditioning
Significant background in techniques utilized to increase aerobic/cardiovascular conditioning through the use of
state-of-the-art methods and training equipment which produce the best possible results in the shortest possible time.
• Analyzed & designed individualized training programs through a health & fitness screening
process which includes muscular strength & endurance to enhance overall aerobic capacity;
• Provided opportunities to develop an individual’s potential, self-confidence, & self-image;
• Developed individuals’ neuro-muscular skills to improve bone density & posture as well as
agility through regular, planned, purposeful practice;
• Provided hands-on instruction on how to properly use fitness equipment to avoid strain or
physical injury; and,
• Promoted aerobic training environments conducive to achieving results while fostering an
atmosphere of positive motivation.
Weight Loss Management
Specialized experience in the direction of weight loss management principles combining nutrition & diet.
• Designed individualized weight loss programs based on personal goals & objectives; and,
• Provided ongoing nutritional guidance to achieve & maintain weight loss goals emphasizing
total weight loss management through adequate nutrition and planned systematic physical
exercise as core essentials for long-term achievement.
Strength / Resistance Training
Considerable experience in total body sculpting focusing on muscle conditioning through precise & controlled
movements structured to an individual’s fitness objective utilizing of free weights, bands, and/or balls to promote
balance, flexibility & strength.
• Accessed & effectively designed individualized strength conditioning programs through a health &
fitness screening process to achieve ones goals & desires;
• Applied body sculpting techniques resulting in favorable improvements in body composition;
• Developed muscular strength through the use of progressive resistance exercises gradually increasing
workloads for achievement of one’s goals & objectives;
• Achieved muscular endurance through vigorous & sustained efforts over-increasing periods of time
in addition to proper diet and rest techniques; and,
• Provided hands-on instruction on how to properly use free weights to avoid strain or physical
Diversified experience in the direction and management of projects, operations, and personnel.
• Organized programs, projects, and operations; and prepared schedules and established priorities; for
achievement of objectives;
• Managed personnel, delegated responsibilities, supervised, motivated, evaluated performance,
and when required, played a key role in conflict management resolution;
• Provided ongoing direction and counsel required to invoke organizational effectiveness
and performance management while improving communications processes;
• Insured daily operations were linked to the business operations’ plans by exercising
project management skills including planning, scheduling, and implementation;
• Conducted meetings to gather and utilize feedback, build consensus, and/or present related
information to business owners/management;
• Prepared a broad range of business plans, reports, & analyses; and,
• Developed & managed annual budgets with clearly identified financial benchmarks and accountability standards.
• Personal Fitness Trainer
o Oyster Bay Beach Resort, Oyster Bay, St. Maarten, Netherland Antilles (2012-Present)
o Belair Health & Fitness Club,Welgelegen Road, St. Maarten, Netherland Antilles (2011-2012)
o La Samanna by Orient Express, PO Box 4077 97064 CEDEX, French West Indies (2010-2011)
o Peak Performance, Chester, 30 Seminary Avenue, Chester, New Jersey USA (2009)
o Xercise Body Improvement, Route 202 North, Chester, New Jersey USA (2008-2009)
o Next Level Personal Training, 40 Morristown Road, Bernardsville, New Jersey USA (2006-2007)
o Total Wellness Center (TWC), 5 Olcott Square, Bernardsville, New Jersey USA (2005-2006)
o Executive Fitness & Golds Gym, Route 22, Greenbrook, New Jersey USA (2004-2005)
• Personal Fitness Trainer, Free-Lance – New York & New Jersey USA Based (2002-2009)
• NPC New York Amateur Grand Prix Body Building Championship
• Novice Light/Heavy Weight – 4th Place
• Masters Category – 3rd Place
A universal knowledge, diverse experience, & competencies in the fitness profession resulting in achieving a
Personal Fitness Trainer Certification from Bailey’s University Level III.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
Mark Cartel, CPT
Mark is a highly energized instructor with strong motivational, management, and planning skills. These competencies
along with a customer care focus, provide him with the ability to organize, create, and direct individualized training
programs that realize successful weight loss and conditioning objectives. Mark’s specialized knowledge in the direction
of weight loss management combines the principles of nutrition with diet and exercise. Mark’s approach to personal
training is to work closely with each client, understand the body sculpting results desired and then implement a specific
program that includes weight management, functional and core training which targets the muscle group to be shaped.
His extensive experience in body sculpting, makes Mark’s training techniques are a cut above others in his profession.
Mark’s career is highlighted by his experience, training, and achievement in the following areas: Aerobic &
Cardiovascular Conditioning, Weight Loss Management, and Strength & Resistance Training. His significant
background and specialized experience in aerobic & cardiovascular conditioning utilizes state-of-the-art methods and
training equipment to produce the best possible results in the shortest possible time. Mark’s extensive skills in total
body sculpting focuses on muscle conditioning through precise & controlled movements structured to an individual’s
fitness objective utilizing free weights, bands, and/or balls to promote balance, flexibility & strength.
While residing in the United States of America, Mark was professionally trained and mentored by John Kemper (Mr.
World, USA and New Jersey) as well as Paul Hendricks (Mr. New Jersey) and Robert Mason. In 2003, Mark competed in
New York at the NPC Amateur Grand Prix Body Building Championship and in 2005 at the Muscle Beach & Xcalibur
Body Building Championships placing among the top four contestants in each event he competed. Utilizing proven
training methods inspired by his mentors, Mark clearly is a fitness professional who talks the walk and walks the talk.
Mark’s universal knowledge, diverse experience, and competencies in the fitness profession resulted in his achieving a
Personal Fitness Training Certification from Bailey’s University Level III. Mark’s desire for international experience
brought him to Europe and the French West Indies to achieve this goal.
Mark enjoys amateur horse show competition in the hunter/jumper class, racquetball, golf, & competitive body building.
Mark’s philanthropic activities are focused on small animal rescue.